Sun Basket - Meal Kit Review
Sun Basket is a meal kit delivery service that prides itself on organic & non-GMO ingredients with Paleo, Low Calorie, Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian options.
- Weekly meals designed for your diet like Paleo or Lean & Clean (Lower Calorie).
- Most of the ingredients are organic and non-GMO.
- While there are 11 meal options, there are only 3 choices for eat diet’s menu.
- Charges $6/shipping — but is still cheaper than the other diet friendly options.
- They provide a recipe book of all recipes for the week, but the instructions are more basic and include no step-by-step photos.
Try for Only $34.47
Try Sun Basket’s 2-person, 3-meal plan for only $34.47 (normally $69.47).
Sun Basket Summary
Straightforward, but you have to enter billing info before picking your menu.
There is one standard menu and five diet-specific speciality menus weekly. The standard menu has 11 options, but there are only 3-4 options that fit each diet.
Classic Plan requires 3 days per week, while Family Plan offers 2 or 4 days per week.
You can skip any week you want, but you have until Thursday 3pm EST before your next shipment to do it.
Individual (2 people)
Family (4 people)
Cancel by emailing customer support.
First shipment arrives within a week of signup, but you can delay if needed.
High quality ingredients. They used mostly organic & non-GMO ingredients.
You will frequently need to chop ingredients. Sometimes even use a food processor.
You’ll want a pan, baking sheet, knife, cutting board, and other basic items. Sometimes you will need more advanced items like a food processor.
Have some cooking oil, salt, and pepper.
👎 Recipe cards are extremely basic. They do not include photos of the steps. They were much more basic than the other meal kits.
Around 35-40 minutes, depending on the recipe.
Adequate (but 2 people won’t have leftovers).
Full nutrition label provided.
Usually a pan, baking sheet, knife, cutting board, and bowl.
The box was was missing chicken for one of our meals. They refunded that meal to our original form of payment.