Green Chef – Meal Kit Review
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service with meals designed for your diet – like Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan, and Vegetarian.
- Provides weekly meal kits designed to fit specialty diets (Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free etc.).
- Each meal plan only offers 3 recipes — so there is no flexibility.
- Uses mostly organic and non-GMO ingredients and included higher quality protein than most of the other kits we reviewed.
- Plans are more expensive than most of the other meal kits we reviewed
- Portion size felt larger than most kits we reviewed, you won’t feel hungry when you’re done eating.
Try for Only $26.98
Try Green Chef’s 2-person, 3-meal plan for only $26.98 (normally $80.94).
Green Chef Summary
Straightforward, but you have to enter billing info before picking your menu.
There is one standard menu and 6 diet-specific speciality menus weekly. Each menu has 3 options, so there is no flexiblity in the meals.
They only offer plans with 3 meals per week.
You can skip any week you want, but you have until a week before your next shipment to do it.
Omnivore (2 people)
Carnivore ($13.49/serving), Gluten-Free ($13.49/serving), and Paleo ($14.99/serving) plans are more expensive.
Vegetarian (2 people)
Vegan ($11.99/serving) plan is more expensive
Cancel by emailing customer support.
First shipment arrives within a week of signup, but you can delay if needed.
🥕 High quality ingredients. They used mostly organic & non-GMO ingredients and higher quality protein like Mary’s Chicken.
You will frequently need to chop ingredients.
You’ll want a pan, baking sheet, knife, and other basic items. Nothing fancy needed (like a food processor or lemon zester).
Have some cooking oil, salt, and pepper.
Recipe cards are helpful and easy to follow. They include a list of items to pull out of the pantry, as well as photos of each step.
Around 35-40 minutes, depending on the recipe.
🐳 Above average (one recipe had leftovers).
Usually a pan, baking sheet, knife, cutting board, and bowl.